ST. GEORGE — “George, Streetfest on Main” has announced its cooperation with the City of St. George’s Fourth of July Celebration in hosting of the Parade Float Preview, Friday from 6-10 p.m. With First Friday falling one day before July 4, residents will experience back-to-back celebrations starting with George, Streetfest Friday evening then moving to Vernon Worthen Park all day Saturday.
Beginning Friday, George, Streetfest on Main will expand onto Tabernacle Street between the roundabout and 100 East, and the Zion Brewing Company Jazz Garden will expand to fill the full courtyard at Ancestor Square.
Friday night’s concert will feature Sego, Golden Sun and Morning Pretty.
Estimated attendance in June was 2,500, and event organizers have been working to expand the event to accommodate all who wish to attend.
“We are thrilled at the community’s reception and support of this event,” Amy Thorpe, Jazz Garden manager, said.
Farmers market vendors who were originally located in the courtyard will now join the street market on Main and Tabernacle Streets offering room for bistro tables, chairs, new food options and more serving areas in the Jazz Garden.
George Passport to the City
The George Passport to the City program invites event participants of all ages to get a George Passport. Visit any 10 of 15 participating downtown locations to get your passport stamped. Once you have 10 stamps, you can redeem your passport for entry into the Mayor’s Prize Drawing at the George Customs Tent in the Park Place section Friday night. Complete five months of First Friday Passports to earn your key to the city.
Obtain your Passport (booklet complete with coupons) from George’s Corner restaurant at Main Street and St. George Boulevard beginning Wednesday.
Or get a jump on your stamp gathering, print and collect stamps on this PDF: George Streetfest Passport
See more: Crowd density, dancing, delights all on a First Friday night; ‘George, Streetfest’ Videocast, Photo Gallery
Participate in future “First Friday” streetfests
- Become a featured artist, entertainer or street vendor at future George, Streetfests: Email [email protected]
- Become a sponsor: Email [email protected]
- George Streetfest Webpage | Historic Downtown St. George’s website
- What: “George, Streetfest on Main”
- When: July 3, 6-10 p.m.
- Where: Main Street between St. George Blvd. and Tabernacle St., St. George
- Crowd density, dancing, delights all on a First Friday night; ‘George, Streetfest’ Videocast, Photo Gallery
- Groovekids kick off weeklong music festival, Cedar City mayor emcees
- Hip-hop Coolio’s rap meets reggae at ‘Boardfest’ beach party; photos, video
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.