ST. GEORGE — Dave’s Bernina in St. George is hosting “Sewapalooza,” a two-day, hands-on sewing, embroidery and quilting workshop. The workshop will take place Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The event will be at the Roost residence, located at 1075 S. 960 East in St. George.
Bernina educator Sandra Swick will lead attendees through four projects that feature sewing, quilting, the Bernina Stitch Regulator and Bernina Embroidery Software 7.
The cost for the workshop is $99 and includes breakfast, lunch and a goody bag worth $80. Attendees are also invited to an after-party hosted by Dave’s Bernina on Saturday from 4-6 p.m. at the St. George location, 691 E. St. George Blvd.
To register for the workshop, call 435-656-1498 or stop by the St. George store.
About the instructor
Swick has been selling, sewing and teaching on Bernina machines professionally for more than 20 years. She is an award-winning quilter who has had a quilt taken to the International Space Station. Swick is also a master teacher in embroidery, garment construction, quilting, specialty projects and crafts.
She provides inspired projects and classes for the youngest to the most experienced students. Additionally, Swick is a certified Bernina technician with extensive knowledge of embroidery software and design. She provides professional and individualized sales consultations to help customers select the perfect Bernina machine for their individual sewing needs.
Dave’s Bernina is a family owned and operated Bernina-exclusive dealer that sells sewing machines, software and accessories and also provides a variety of sewing, embroidery and quilting classes for people of all skill levels.
- What: Sewapalooza
- When: June 26-27, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Where: Roost residence, 1075 S. 960 East, St. George
- Registration: $99 | Register at Dave’s Bernina, 691 E. St. George Blvd. in St. George, or call 435-656-1498
- Dave’s Bernina website | Facebook | Twitter
- Dixie State computer camps teach youth valuable tech skills
- Doing business with a family legacy is sew personal; STGnews Videocast
- Summer camp teaches girls science, technology, engineering, math; registration open
Email: [email protected]