CANE BEDS, Ariz. – A Cane Beds, Arizona, resident was taken to the hospital Tuesday night after accidentally shooting herself.
The resident, a 50-year-old woman, was reportedly cleaning her .38 special and shot herself in the leg, according to a press release from the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office.
The woman was treated at Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George for the wound, which was not life-threatening, the press release said.
Mohave County deputies responded to the hospital to investigate the incident. They contacted medical staff at the hospital and, during their investigation, spoke with the woman, who told them the shooting had been accidental.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by law enforcement or other emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings.
- 16-year-old falls to his death in Cane Beds
- Names of burn victims in Cane Beds structure fire released
- Propane explosion triggers structure fire in Cane Beds, burn victims hospitalized
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.