HURRICANE — The “Hurricane Valley Concerts in the Park” presents the Hugh Howard family Thursday, 8 p.m. at Pioneer Park, 200 N. Main St.
The Hugh Howard family is well known in LaVerkin for their musical background and talents and have been regular performers at the LaVerkin Fourth of July celebration for several years.
The concert will mainly showcase Hugh Howard, sons Kyle Howard and Tyler Howard and son-in-law Jed Stout. Joining the guys on a couple of numbers will be Margaret Howard and daughter Nicole Stout. Tyler Howard likes pop music, Hugh Howard is connected to his ’60s and ’70s musical roots and Jed Stout likes everything.
All the men play several instruments, and all are talented singers. There will be a great variety, so the program promises something for everyone.
Programs last about an hour and are a wonderful way to sit, relax and enjoy an evening in the park. Bring chairs and blankets, and set aside the last Thursday of each month to enjoy the Hurricane Valley Concerts in the Park.
All are welcome to this free event. Bring blankets, lawn chairs, friends and family. Come relax and enjoy.
Concert schedule and event details
- What: Hurricane Valley Summer Concerts in the Park
- June 25 | Hugh Howard Family
- July 30 | Kimber Dutton, Julianne Beecher, Claire Nuckles and Sarah Wheat
- Aug. 27 | Sing-a-long with the Way Off Broads
- When: Last Thursday of each month, May through August | 8-9 p.m., give or take a bit
- Where: Pioneer Park, 200 N. Main St., Hurricane
- Admission: Free
- Layne Garner Family opens Hurricane Valley’s Concerts in the Park series
- Campfire Concerts help injured wildlife, offer community fun
- Lions Club hopes to start construction on Historic Hurricane Wayside soon
- Presenters urge Hurricane to improve its tourism image