ST. GEORGE – Police have identified the alleged shooter wanted in connection with an early morning shooting in St. George Wednesday, and a $100,000 warrant for attempted homicide was issued Thursday by the 5th District Court for his arrest.
Riley J. Guerrero, 18, of St. George, is wanted by the St. George Police Department after he allegedly shot another man in the torso, resulting in the man being transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George for his injuries.
The St. George Communications Center received the report that a person had been shot in the area of 840 S. 400 East at approximately 3:53 a.m. Wednesday. A 21-year-old man was found to have a single gunshot wound to the torso.
“The investigation into the incident has yielded enough information to lead detectives to believe that Guerrero discharged the firearm used in this incident,” St. George Police Captain Michael Giles said.
“Guerrero is an admitted gang member and is possibly in possession of a firearm,” he said.
Anyone who sees Guerrero, or has any information about his whereabouts, is asked to contact the St. George Police Department immediately by calling the 24-hour dispatch line at 435-627-4313.
Reference incident number: 15P014123.
- Name: Riley J. Guerrero
- Age: 18 years old
- Height: 5′ 11″
- Weight: 155 pounds
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Brown
Read more about one of Guerrero’s prior arrest here: Gang-related graffiti leads to arrest of alleged tagger
This is a developing story and may be updated as further details emerge.
- 2 arrests made in connection with morning shooting; STGnews Videocast
- Man transported to hospital after being shot in torso
- Police arrest alleged gang-related graffiti tagger for artwork, drug distribution
- Gang-related graffiti leads to arrest of alleged tagger
- On the record: Beyond arrest, convictions bring life sentence of hardship
- Drug-free zones: What, where are they? What is their purpose? STGnews Videocast
- Utah considers major criminal justice reform, reduced drug offense charges
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.