MOHAVE COUNTY, Ariz. — An accident on northbound Interstate 15 in the Virgin River Gorge construction zone has traffic severely backed up Saturday afternoon.
As of 2:04 p.m., the accident has been cleared, Arizona Department of Public Safety Sgt. John Bottoms said, but traffic is still very slow moving.
As of 1:07 p.m., heavy traffic was backed up about 4 miles and expected to increase. The delay was approximately 45-60 minutes, Bottoms said.
Alternate route and tips for drivers
Drivers are advised to use old Highway 91 as an alternate route. The highway bypasses the Gorge entirely, intersecting with I-15 at Littlefield, Arizona, to the south and connecting to St. George at the north via Santa Clara and Sunset Boulevard. See map included in this article.
- To stay up to date with the latest highway conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at AZ511.gov or call 511; outside of Arizona, dial 1-888-411-ROAD (7623)
- For more information about this project, visit the website
- Virgin River Gorge: Prepare for traffic delays during upcoming concrete deck pour
- ADOT complete concrete pour for NB Bridge 6; Virgin River Gorge speed limits
- Motor home bursts into flames in Virgin River Gorge
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.