ST. GEORGE — Stroll beautiful Main Street in St. George during the Summer “Art on Main” event to view the museum, sculptures, and many new exhibits, including art from local artists on Friday, from 6-9 p.m. This free event takes participants on a feast for the eyes, all on foot.
Begin at the St. George Art Museum, 47 E. 200 North, and enjoy the museum’s new exhibit, “The Many Facets of the West,” focusing on western art and representing several local artists.
While at the museum, pick up a free punch card to be marked at each gallery during the evening. Turn the punch card in at Twenty-Five Main café for a chance to win a piece of original artwork. The prize drawing will take place at 9 p.m.
Travel down Main Street to see what’s new at fine art venues in Historic Downtown St. George. The galleries participating include: Michael Bedard Fine Art, the Authentique Gallery of Art and Design, the Mission Gallery of Fine Art, Split Rock Art Gallery, Art and Soul Gallery & Gift, Wide Angle Photography, the ReMax Gallery and Twenty-Five Main café.
Nine fine arts destinations in all can be visited during “Art on Main,” all within walking distance of the St. George Art Museum. Regular admission fees are waived at the museum during the event, and there is no cost to participate in other aspects of the stroll.
Live music will add to the ambiance of celebration of art in all its forms, including violin soloists, rock ‘n’ roll band The Hubcaps, and blues music by Dick Earl.
“Art on Main” is a nonprofit project of “Art Around the Corner” and is supported in part by the City of St. George.
- What: Summer “Art on Main”
- When: Friday, June 12, 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Various galleries in downtown St. George; begin at St. George Art Museum, 47 E. 200 North
- Admission: Free
- “Art on Main” website | Facebook
- Free telescope viewing at Grand Canyon Star Party
- Arts, Reel schools offer innovative ‘freedom education’ for college, high school students
- A visual feast at summer Art On Main gallery stroll – 2014
- New art museum exhibit features cowboys, western art
Email: [email protected]