GRAND CANYON, Ariz. — Morgan Heimer, 22, remains missing on the Colorado River within Grand Canyon National Park after a six day search by the National Park Service has turned up no additional clues as to his whereabouts.
With no additional clues to guide search efforts on land or water, the search will be scaled back to a continuous, but limited mode in which rangers and pilots will continue to search for clues when in the area. In addition, flyers with Heimer’s picture and description remain posted at various South Rim locations and all launching river trips will briefed on searching for Heimer.
Heimer was last seen on June 2 at approximately 4 p.m. around River Mile 213 near Pumpkin Springs. Initial park response included searching the last known area by air and an immediate hasty search by rangers. For the past six days park rangers have extensively searched the river between River Miles 211-225 and on land stretching from River Mile 211-215.
Heimer is working as a guide for Tour West and the group was on day 6 of an 8 day trip when Heimer went missing.
- Age: 22
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6 feet
- Hair: Blond
- Eyes: Blue
- Clothing when last seen: Heimer was wearing a dark-colored Astral personal flotation device, a blue plaid long sleeve shirt, a pair of Chaco sandals, a maroon baseball cap, and brightly colored shorts. He was also carrying a purple water bottle with him when he was last seen.
In addition to the search and rescue operation, the National Park Service is also conducting a missing persons investigation. No further information is available at this time.
Anyone with information on the location of Morgan Heimer is asked to contact the National Park Service Tipline at 928-638-7840.
- Missing: 22-year-old river guide goes missing in Grand Canyon National Park
- Missing child case resolved
- Search for missing St. George man is renewed almost 6 years later
- Police say woman reported missing will be charged for filing false kidnapping report
- MISSING: 59-year-old Deborah Carver
Email: [email protected]