MESQUITE, Nev. – Let’s harken back to one of the entertainment industry’s heydays when the likes of Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin, with their playboy personae and sultry voices, ruled the stage and the screen. They were the epitome of cool.
Though that era is long gone, the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., in Mesquite, Nevada, invites you to relive or experience it for the first time as they welcome musical impersonator Tom Stevens to the showroom for “An Evening with Dean and Friends” Friday.
With an uncanny likeness to Dean Martin and a powerhouse singing voice, Stevens is set to take the audience on a trip through time as he brings the performer who Playboy once called “the coolest man who ever lived” to life on stage through comedy, dance and song.
Stevens has been performing in Las Vegas and the surrounding area for years and is known as one of the premier Dean Martin impersonators in the world, according to a press release about the event.
“He really takes you back and makes you think you are in the musical era of that day,” Christian Adderson, corporate sales manager for Mesquite Gaming, said.
In addition to Dean Martin, Stevens will also pay tribute to other “Rat Pack” favorites such as Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr. along with other musical greats like Elvis Presley, Perry Como, Neil Diamond, Tom Jones, Ray Charles and more.
“The guy can do pretty much anything,” Adderson said. “He is just so versatile in his impersonations.”
Not only will Stevens show off his vocal chops during this ultimate tribute show he will also wow the crowd with a comedic portion where he will impersonate noted celebrities such as Jerry Lewis, Cher, Robert DeNiro, Jimmy Stewart and former President Bill Clinton.
Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show will begin at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 for general admission and $20 for a VIP booth (must buy a total of four tickets at the time of checkout to reserve a VIP booth).
For a night of musical nostalgia that is “just like Vegas used to be,” the showroom at the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino is the place to be Friday.
• S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T •
- What: Tom Stevens: “An Evening with Dean and Friends”
- When: Friday, June 12 | Doors at 6 p.m. | Show at 7 p.m.
- Where: CasaBlanca Showroom, CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, Nevada
- Cost: General Admission: $15 | VIP Booths: $20
- Purchase tickets: Online or at the door
- Additional information: Must be 21 or over or accompanied by an adult 21 or older, children under 3 are not allowed
- Casapoolooza opens with Jimmy Buffet tribute; parrotheads welcome
- CasaBlanca offers live music, libations, fun at Casapoolooza poolside party
- CasaBlanca sets stage for latin dance, concert event; ‘Guerra de Sonoras’
- A-List: Katherine’s Steakhouse
- Mesquite BBQ contest: Smokin’ hot rigs, smokin’ hot ribs
- Vintage Vegas takes over Mesquite with tribute music festival
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.