MESQUITE, Nev. – A structure fire Saturday evening destroyed a garage and damaged the interior of a home on Canyon View Way in Mesquite.
Mesquite Fire and Rescue initially responded to a report of smoke in the area of 470 Turtleback Road, just after 9 p.m., Saturday, according to a statement released by Mesquite Fire and Rescue.
While units were en route to the call, dispatch advised fire crews that they were receiving multiple calls about a garage on Canyon View Way that was heavily involved in fire.
The first engine at the scene found a house with an attached garage that had heavy smoke coming out, and evidence of high heat on the exterior stucco.
Police officers on scene reported that the occupants of the home had already been evacuated and were all accounted for.
The fire crew quickly used a rotary saw to cut a small hole in the roll-up garage door and began applying water to the fire to keep it in check, the statement said.
Once another crew arrived, the door was pulled the rest of the way down, and the remaining pockets of fire were quickly extinguished.
“A car in the garage was also destroyed and it is not believed to have been a factor in the fire starting, although it certainly contributed to the intensity of the fire,” the statement said.
A thorough search of the interior of the home confirmed there were no victims in the structure and that the fire had not extended into the interior of the house. However, there was smoke and heat damage to a laundry room.
One citizen was evaluated by paramedics at the scene after tripping on a fire hose in front of her house, according to the statement, but she declined to be transported to the hospital. There were no other injuries to citizens or firefighters.
Investigation into the fire is ongoing. This report is based on preliminary information provided by emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- Man barricades himself in home, sets it on fire; 2 officers taken to hospital
- Fire Department hosts 5K fun run; proceeds benefit burn survivors
- 3 kids playing with fireworks cited for brush fire; STGnews Videocast, Photo Gallery
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.