MESQUITE, Nev. – The mercury is taking a trip northward and that means it is time to head to the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., in Mesquite, Nevada with 1,000 of your closest friends to kick it poolside Saturday evening as the Casapoolooza Summer Concerts by the Pool welcomes Zowie Bowie to the stage.
A regular on the Las Vegas entertainment circuit, Zowie Bowie can be found performing at the Fremont Street Experience, Red Rock Resort and Sunset Station Casino flanked by the beautiful Ladies of Zowie Bowie.
“He has been in Vegas for about nine years now,” Julia Abouzeid, director of operations for Mesquite Gaming, said. “He has quite a following.”
Zowie Bowie is no stranger to the Casapoolooza stage either, Abouzeid said. This will mark his third year at the summer pool party playing Top 40 covers and more.
On his Facebook, Zowie Bowie lists his musical influences as:
- Elvis Presley
- Frank Sinatra,
- David Lee Roth
- Johnny Carson
- Sammy Davis Jr.
- Don Rickles
“He is a great performer,” Abouzeid said. “He has great energy and it is going to be a fun night.”
Saturday’s free 21-and-over show is the second of the summerlong series that continues every first Saturday of the month through September and will feature a wide variety of bands and musical genres sure to please everyone’s palate.
The evening will kick off at 7 p.m. with host DJ Johnny Utah getting the party started in style. St. George radio station KZHK 95.9 The Hawk will also be there broadcasting live and doing giveaways during the preshow, Abouzeid said, making this Casapoolooza a summer night to remember.
The pool will be open so you can splash in the cooling waters or dance the night away right by the stage.
Stay and play
As the temperatures shoot up, hotel rates go down, Abouzeid said, adding that now is the perfect time to take a mini vacation and enjoy all the amenities that the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino has to offer.
With its full-service European spa, two world-class golf clubs and newly remodeled rooms, the CasaBlanca is the perfect setting for a couples retreat and the resort offers amazing packages so you don’t have to decide which activity to choose … you can do them all.
Add dinner at renowned Katherine’s Steakhouse and a free poolside concert and you have got an affordable getaway that might just blow you away.
“Mesquite is a great little town to come to,” Abouzeid said. “The weather is gorgeous and it is really affordable.”
• S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T •
Casapoolooza dates and bands:
- June 6 | Zowie Bowie
- July 4 | Spazmatics
- Aug. 1 | Lights Journey Tribute
- Sept. 5 | Yellow Brick Road
- What: Casapoolooza Summer Concerts by the Pool with Zowie Bowie
- When: June 6 | Doors at 7 p.m. with DJ Johnny Utah | Concert at 8 p.m.
- Where: Poolside at the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, Nevada
- Cost: Free
- Additional information: 21 and over
- Casapoolooza opens with Jimmy Buffet tribute; parrotheads welcome
- CasaBlanca offers live music, libations, fun at Casapoolooza poolside party
- A-List: Katherine’s Steakhouse
- Mesquite BBQ contest: Smokin’ hot rigs, smokin’ hot ribs
- 2015 Mesquite Off-Road Weekend attracts world class pro riders; STGnews Videocast
- Vintage Vegas takes over Mesquite with tribute music festival
- High winds ground balloons, festival goes on; STGnews videocast, photo gallery
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.