HURRICANE — The Hurricane Valley Summer Concerts in the Park will present the Hurricane Valley Choir Thursday, 8 p.m. at Pioneer Park, 200 N. Main.
The choir recently presented their annual concert commemorating Armed Forces Day and will direct Thursday’s performance toward patriotic and American music as well, in recognition of the Memorial Day holiday.
The concert will open with a short patriotic story by Al Cooper.
Soloists will include Karlene Young, Lyle Wood, Layne Garner, Rick Frost, Barbara Baker, Kelli Carter, Melinda Warth, Jed Gardner and Renee Garner. June Jeffery will direct and Camille McCausland will play piano. Guest pianist Rebecca Stevens will also join the performance.
All are welcome to come out for Hurricane Valley’s Summer Concerts in the Park. Bring blankets, lawn chairs, friends and family. Come relax and enjoy.
Concert schedule and event details
- What: Hurricane Valley Summer Concerts in the Park
- May 28 | Hurricane Valley Choir
- June 25 | Hugh Howard Family
- July 30 | Kimber Dutton, Julianne Beecher, Claire Nuckles and Sarah Wheat
- Aug. 27 | Sing-a-long with the Way Off Broads
- When: Last Thursday of each month May through August | 8-9 p.m. give or take a bit
- Where: Pioneer Park, 200 N. Main St., Hurricane
- Admission: Free | Bring blankets, lawn chairs, friends and family
- Layne Garner Family opens Hurricane Valley’s Concerts in the Park series
- Campfire Concerts help injured wildlife, offer community fun
- Lions Club hopes to start construction on Historic Hurricane Wayside soon
- Presenters urge Hurricane to improve its tourism image
Email: [email protected]