ADVERTORIAL / MESQUITE, Nev. – The showroom at the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., is bringing Latin flavor to Mesquite Friday evening in an epic musical showdown as bands Sonora Santanera and Sonora Tropicana take to the stage in what is being billed as the “Guerra de Sonoras” – loosely translated as the “battle of the Sonoras” or war of sound.
Doors open at 7:30 p.m. on this 21-and-over musical fiesta featuring two of the most influential bands of Central and South America playing songs designed to get you out of your seat and onto the dance floor.
“There will be a lot of great music,” Christian Adderson, corporate sales manager for Mesquite Gaming, said. “It will get people up and dancing around. You can’t help yourself from getting up and enjoying it.”
La Sonora Santanera is, according to a press release statement, one of the most influential groups of the tropical Mexican Music. Their unique musical style is influenced by the dazon, the mambo, the rumba, the chachacha and the cumbia.
Sonora Santanera’s style was conceptualized and created by trumpet player and musician Carlos Coronel.
The band will open the evening’s concert beginning at 8:30 p.m.
Referred to by fans as the “Queen of the Sonoras,” Sonora Tropicana hails from Medellin, Colombia, and is known as being the best of the Columbian cumbia, according to the same statement.
Sonora Tropicana will headline the night playing some of their timeless songs such as “Que Bello,” “El Gran Baron,” “El Hombre Que Yo Amo,” ” El Chuponcito” and more.
The evening will end at 11 p.m. and guests are encouraged to come early to catch both bands.
Friday will mark the first time either band has visited the CasaBlanca Showroom, the resort’s more intimate entertainment venue, which has hosted everything from comedy acts to the Southern Nevada Symphony Orchestra, as well as hypnotists and the Osmonds.
“The showroom has things that people don’t typically expect but that are entertaining and high-quality,” Adderson said. “Whatever anyone’s taste in entertainment, they can come get that at the CasaBlanca Showroom.”
With seating for just over 400 people, the CasaBlanca Showroom provides the perfect place to truly experience the rhythms of Latin music and, with a dance floor right in front of the stage, guests can leave their seat behind and let their hips fly.
“This is such a great intimate venue, the sound is unbelievable,” Adderson said. “You will really get to feel the tempo of the music that comes from that part of the world.”
Tickets for the show can be purchased in advance online, by telephone at 800-585-3737 or in person at the the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino front desk.
Both general admission tickets and VIP booths are available. When purchasing VIP booths, guests must purchase four tickets total at the time of purchase.
Prices increase for day-of-show tickets.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
A D V E R T O R I A L
- What: “Guerra de Sonoras” live music with Sonora Santanera and Sonora Tropicana
- When: Friday, May 22, doors open at 7:30 p.m. | Viernes, 22 de Mayo, puertas abren a las 7:30 p.m.
- Where: CasaBlanca Showroom, CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, Nevada
- Cost: Advanced general admission, entrada general preventa de boletos: $20 | Day-of general admission, entrada general boletos a la venta dia de evento: $30 | Advanced VIP reserved booth, reservación de mesas preventa de boletos (must purchase four tickets total at time of purchase, necesita comprar cuatro boletos a la vez para reservación de mesa): $30 | Day-of VIP booth, reservación de mesas boletos a la venta dia de evento: $35
- Reservations: Online | Telephone 800-585-3737 | In person: CasaBlanca Resort front desk
- Additional information: Must be 21 or over
- CasaBlanca offers live music, libations, fun at Casapoolooza poolside party
- Casapoolooza opens with Jimmy Buffet tribute; parrotheads welcome
- Mesquite BBQ contest: Smokin’ hot rigs, smokin’ hot ribs
- 2015 Mesquite Off-Road Weekend attracts world class pro riders; STGnews Videocast
- Vintage Vegas takes over Mesquite with tribute music festival
- High winds ground balloons, festival goes on; STGnews videocast, photo gallery
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.