HURRICANE – The Hurricane City Police Department and Hurricane Valley Fire Department will play against each other in a rival basketball game Tuesday.
This is an opportunity for the two organizations to have a great time playing against each other, according to a press release from the Hurricane City Police Department, and at the same time, raise money for two charities.
The first charity is the Utah 1033 Foundation. Funds donated to this charity benefit the families of law enforcement officers who die in the line of duty.
The other charity is the Hurricane Valley Foundation, which supports humanitarian and public safety needs locally.
Several sponsors have donated items to help put the event together and have provided items for a silent auction that will be held that night.
The Hurricane City Police and Fire departments thank their sponsors and those who have made contributions toward this event, the press release said. These sponsors are: The Desert Vet, Classic Sports, Phazes Fitness, Sonny Boy’s Barbecue, DIG Paddlesports, Accu-Form Plastics, Buck’s Ace Hardware, Hurricane Family Pharmacy and Southern Utah Adventure Center.
The event will take place at Hurricane High School, 345 W. 100 South, Hurricane, at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The entrance fee is $5 per person or $15 per family. All proceeds will go to the charities listed.
The Police Department encourages the community to come out and support this event.
“We anticipate it to be very entertaining,” the department said in its press release.
- What: Guns and Hoses Basketball Showdown
- When: May 19, 2015, 7 p.m.
- Where: Hurricane High School, 345 W. 100 South in Hurricane
- Cost: $5 per person | $15 per family
- Assistance League of Southern Utah hosts charity golf event
- Does Hurricane mountain biking rival Moab? Local experts weigh in; STGnews Videocast
- Hurricane Art Center features ‘The Three Princes’ in multimedia