ST. GEROGE — The smell of rain and barbeque was in the air as rock fans spent their day Saturday headbanging and dancing about to the music of both original and tribute bands on the second day of the Retrospect RockFest.
While the skies may have been cloudy and the ground wet, hundreds of people gathered together once again to show their love of rock ‘n roll. The large crowd was good news to the event’s promoter, KJ Strong, who said she hopes the good turnout could mean similar events in the future.
“Granted, today we got a little bit of rain,” Strong said, “but, you know, ultimately this venue and … Southern Utah is ideal for outdoor and amazing family-friendly type events.”
The crowd not only brought new faces to the music scene but old ones as well.
Strong said she spoke with one person who said their very first concert was “Warrant” and they were very excited to see them once again all these years later at the RockFest.
Bands featured on the Retrospect RockFest include Quiet Riot, Warrant, Mystery, StOp,sToP!, Diamond Lane, Chaotic Resemblance, Mycah, Dellacoma, Delta Rose, Blue Tiger, Time o Destiny, Dirtnap, Ronny Lee’s Orignal Retro, Risen Warrior, The Famous Unknowns, and Gary Brandon.
Tribute bands such as Fan Halen, One Wilde Night, High Voltage, Raised on Radio, and Jukebox Heroes also make up the Retrospect RockFest line up.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- Music fans rock to weekend RockFest, undampened by weather; STGnews Videocast
- 7th annual ‘Smokin’ in Mesquite BBQ’ tempts taste buds, delights enthusiasts
- 2015 Mesquite Off-Road Weekend attracts world class pro riders; STGnews Videocast
- High winds ground balloons, festival goes on; STGnews videocast, photo gallery
- Palm trees frame rainbow of classic cars at Mesquite Motor Mania 2015
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.