Show trailer courtesy of Brigham’s Playhouse
WASHINGTON CITY – “Step in Time” over to Brigham’s Playhouse in Washington City to see the “practically perfect” musical “Mary Poppins,” playing through June 6.
The classic tale of the Banks family, adapted from the pages of P.L. Travers’ books, comes to life on the Brigham’s Playhouse stage in all its timeless splendor, featuring favorite songs and characters that readers and audiences worldwide have come to know and love. Enjoy adventures galore as young Jane and Michael embark on fanciful escapades with their strict but magical nanny Mary Poppins.
A live orchestra accompanies the show, and the Brigham’s Playhouse experience also includes “a spoonful of sugar” for audience members, with house specialty concessions available for purchase, including Brigham’s Brew root beer, fudge and fresh-baked cookies.
Season tickets can still be purchased at a discounted rate, according to a press release from Brigham’s Playhouse. Upcoming shows this season include “Anne of Green Gables,” “Bridge to Terabithia,” “Fiddler on the Roof,” “The Secret Garden,” “Joseph Smith: Praise to the Man” and “It’s a Wonderful Life.”
“Mary Poppins” plays Tuesday through Saturday evenings at 7 p.m., with Saturday matinées at 2 p.m. No audience members under 5 years old are permitted, according to information from the Brigham’s Playhouse website.
- What: “Mary Poppins”
- When: Plays through June 6 | Tuesdays-Saturdays, 7 p.m.; Saturday matinees 2 p.m.
- Where: Brigham’s Playhouse | 25 N. 300 West, Building C-1, Washington City
- Tickets: Adults, $23; seniors, $21; students and children, $17 | Purchase tickets
- Contact: Telephone: 435-251-8000 | Brigham’s Playhouse website | Facebook
- A young star rises in ‘When You Wish’ at Tuacahn
- Review: Innovative ‘Romeo and Juliet’ is interactive theater as you’ve never seen it
- Review: ‘Jane Eyre’ brings breath of fresh air to Washington City; STGnews Videocast, Photo Gallery
- Review: ‘Peter Pan’ brings happy thoughts of childhood at Brigham’s Playhouse
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.