KANAB — Humans and hounds are traveling to Southern Utah from as far away as England to strut their stuff on the streets of Kanab for the annual Greyhound Gathering this weekend. Organizers invite the public to three main events:
On Friday, meetup and hike with the hounds at Pugh Canyon, 9 a.m., followed by shopping at the Old Middle School Gym.
Saturday, Center Street in Kanab is the place to be by 10 a.m., where the greyhounds and their people will strut in costumes to fun tunes such as “Who Let the Dogs Out” and “You Ain’t Nothing but a Hound Dog.”
Sunday is the time to see the greyhounds in all their glorious speed at the “Blur of Fur” event at Kanab Elementary School from 9-11 a.m. Kanab City Police Chief Tom Cram will be there with his radar gun to clock their speed.
While all are welcome to attend these spectator events, bringing one’s own pet is discouraged unless they are registered participants.
- What: Greyhound Gathering | Web page
- When: May 8-10
- Where: Friday, Hike with Hounds at Pugh Canyon, 9 a.m. | Saturday, 10 a.m. parade on Center Street, Kanab | Sunday 9-11 a.m. Blur of Fur at Kanab Elementary School, 41 W. 100 North, Kanab
- Spectator admission is free
- Contact: 435-644-2903 | email
- Greyhound Gang website
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- Greyhound Gathering paints the town grey, weekend events – 2014
- Boy attacked by dogs after entering yard
- Best Friends launches NKUT initiative to save shelter pets; weekend adoption event
- Thrift store supports area animal shelters
Email: [email protected]