ST. GEORGE – St. George residents are advised to plan ahead as road maintenance work begins Tuesday evening on portions of River Road in St. George, and will continue for four consecutive nights.
The asphalt surface maintenance and treatment will start Tuesday night; the nightly road work will begin at 10 p.m. and end at 6 a.m.
The City of St. George is advising residents traveling during the late night hours to allow some extra time and plan accordingly.
Here is the schedule and location of the road maintenance:
- Tuesday – Southbound travel lanes will be reduced between 1450 South and 900 South.
- Wednesday – Southbound travel lanes will be reduced from St. George Boulevard to 100 South. From 900 South to Foremaster Drive, River Road will be closed and a detour will be in place.
- Thursday – River Road will be closed, and a detour in place, between Foremaster Drive and Medical Center Drive.
- Friday – River Road will be closed, with a detour in place, between Medical Center Drive and 100 South.
For questions or comments, call 435-627-4006.
- Traffic Advisory: Expect single lane travel on SR-9 as repaving project begins
- Traffic advisory: Virgin River Gorge Traffic backed up 4 miles; alternate route
- Traffic advisory: Major construction on Kolob Terrace Road, expect long delays
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.