ST. GEORGE – Hundreds of kids, parents, volunteers and onlookers gathered in Town Square Park in St. George Friday evening to participate and cheer on contestants at the IronKids run.
A companion event to Ironman 70.3, IronKids allows young participants to experience some of the Ironman excitement. Town Square has been transformed into Ironman village, and participating kids finished their races by crossing the actual Ironman 70.3 finish line, which Ironman contestants will triumphantly cross on Saturday.
IronKids consisted of 1/4-mile and 1-mile events. Each participating child received a shirt and a finisher medal and had a chance to take a commemorative photo.
St. George News reporter Hollie Reina contributed to this report.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- Ironman 70.3 events, road closures guide
- Visiting with Ben ‘The Hoff’ Hoffman at ‘his’ bicycle shop, and a few other Ironman greats
- One man’s Ironman journey through tragic news, training, triumph; STGnews videocast
- Ironman Foundation gives back to the greater St. George community
- Athletes flock to St. George for Ironman 70.3; one week to race day
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.