ST. GEORGE – Southern Utah is once again providing the stunning backdrop and challenging course for the Ironman 70.3 St. George Saturday which will swim, bike and run its way through several Washington County cities.
With a production of this size and caliber, come many fun and exciting events, as well as traffic impacts on the communities. Whether you are a fan of the event or just need to get from one place to the other, we have compiled a race week guide to help you navigate your way around town.
- Snow Canyon State Park has waived the entrance fee for cyclists during the week leading up to the Ironman 70.3 St. George. You do not need to be a participating athlete, this is for all cyclists
- Ricardo’s Restaurant, 1110 S. Bluff Street in St. George, is offering all Ironman 70.3 St. George participants 70.3 percent off their meal all week long
- IBB Cyclery and Multisport, 185 E. Center Street in Ivins, will be hosting a pro bike roundup featuring professional Ironman triathletes as they showcase their bikes on Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.
- Ironman village located at St. George Town Square, 50 S. Main Street, opens at 1 p.m. on Thursday with vendors, athlete check-in and more activities. Learn more here
- Listen to and learn from some of the participating professional athletes on Thursday at 3 p.m. in the St. George Town Square during the pro panel
- IBB Cyclery and Multisport will be hosting professional Ironman triathletes Meredith Kessler on Thursday at 4:30 p.m. and Leon Griffin at 5:30 p.m.
- The Iron Prayer will take place Friday at 4 p.m. at the Calvary Chapel, 3922 S. Pioneer Rd.
- The Ironman Kids Run will take place on Friday at the St. George Town Square at 6:30 p.m.
- Official race start is 7 a.m. Saturday at Sand Hollow State Park, 3351 S. Sand Hollow Road, Hurricane
- For detailed road closure information click here
- Washington detours
- If possible avoid Telegraph Street, Washington Parkway, Buena Vista Boulevard and Green Springs Drive until noon
- State Route 9 access from Telegraph Street – use Interstate 15 access at Exit 10
- St. George detours
- Red Cliffs Parkway – use 700 South
- St. George Boulevard westbound – use 700 South
- St. George Boulevard eastbound – use Bluff Street to 700 South to 400 East
- Sand Hollow State Park, Sand Hollow Resort, Green Springs Area
- These areas will have access during the event via the Southern Parkway from Washington Dam Road
- State Route 18 northbound
- Use Sunset Boulevard to Dixie Downs Drive to 1800 North to Tuweap to Snow Canyon Parkway to SR-18
- SR-18 southbound
- Use Snow Canyon Parkway to Tuweap Drive to 1800 North to Dixie Downs Drive to Sunset Boulevard to Bluff Street
- Snow Canyon Parkway eastbound
- Use Tuweap Drive to 1800 North to Dixie Downs Drive
- Snow Canyon Parkway westbound
- Use Tuweap Drive to Snow Canyon Parkway
- Winchester Hills
- Ledges southbound on- and off-ramp closed. Use 5745 North. Follow the pilot car
Swim route for 2015 Ironman 70.3 St. George
Bike route for 2015 Ironman 70.3 St. George
Run route for 2015 Ironman 70.3 St. George
- Athletes flock to St. George for Ironman 70.3; one week to race day
- Commission approves St. George Ironman 70.3, world championship qualifier; sheriff’s equipment; sponsorships
- St. George area highlighted in nationwide 2014 Ironman 70.3 broadcast
- Ironman 70.3 St. George 2014 boosts local economy
- Ironman 70.3 volunteers; organized, inspiring, inspired
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.