HURRICANE — Beginning April 30, the 2015 Hurricane Valley Summer Concerts in the Park will kick off with an 8 p.m. performance by the Layne Garner Family at Pioneer Park, 200 N. Main Street in Hurricane, resuming the annual summer tradition that started in 2005. Concerts run on the last Thursday of every month through August.
The Garner Family has music in its blood with both parents, Layne Harold Garner and Renee Slack Garner, coming from families that loved to sing, harmonize and make up new words to old songs. Both enjoyed family road trips as children, where singing was a huge part of the entertainment that kept long hours of travel from becoming tedious at best, and rousing fist fights at worst.
As the Garners raised their own five children, family road trips continued to be a source of shared memories and unity. While they no longer all fit into one car, they do promise to fill the air with harmony and joy.
As a choir, Layne and Renee Garner are joined by son Ryan, his wife Staci, and their five children; daughter Katrina, her husband Bill Lantz, and their four sons; and daughter Shayna, her husband Trevor Gorton, and their five children.
All are welcome to come out for Thursday’s first of the summer concerts in the park. Bring blankets, lawn chairs, friends and family. Come relax and enjoy.
Concert schedule and event details
- What: Hurricane Valley Summer Concerts in the Park
- April 30 | Layne Garner Family
- May 28 | Hurricane Valley Choir
- June 25 | Hugh Howard Family
- July 30 | Kimber Dutton, Julianne Beecher, Claire Nuckles and Sarah Wheat
- Aug. 27 | Sing-a-long with the Way Off Broads
- When: Last Thursday of April through August | 8-9 p.m. give or take
- Where: Pioneer Park, 200 N. Main St., Hurricane
- Admission: Free | Bring blankets, lawn chairs, friends and family
- Residents, governor pay respect to LaVerkin Founders
- Lions Club hopes to start construction on Historic Hurricane Wayside soon
- Presenters urge Hurricane to improve its tourism image
Email: [email protected]