ST. GEORGE – More than 120 people gathered Friday for the Washington County Board of Realtors’ 21st annual charity golf tournament at SunRiver Golf Course in St. George. The tournament raised more than $11,000 to benefit the Red Rock Center for Independence.
Real estate professionals and other community members golfed for the cause of the Red Rock Center for Independence, which provides resources, services, peer support, life-skills training and technology to assist people with disabilities throughout nine counties in southwest Utah.
“Our realtors are dedicated to giving back to their communities,” Board of Realtors President Meri Crandall said. “We hope that the funds we raised will enhance the lives of those receiving assistance from the Red Rock Center.”
The Washington County Board of Realtors has nearly 1,000 members who adhere to a stringent code of ethics and professionalism. Realtors are also encouraged to contribute their time and talents to building their communities.
The level of participation in this year’s golf tournament and the amount of money raised are the highest the organization has seen in at least five years, Crandall said.
“We were honored to learn that our organization would be the recipient of this much-needed donation,” Red Rock Center’s Executive Director Barbara Lefler said. “Without this kind of support we could not offer such a wide variety of services. Allowing those with disabilities to exercise their rights and gain increased independence requires a lot of time and resources.”
The Red Rock Center has many volunteer opportunities for residents to share their talents and professional abilities, Lefler said. She encouraged those who did not participate in the golf tournament to support the center through volunteer work and donations.
- Red Rock Center for Independence | Website
- In St. George – 168 N. 100 East, Suite 101 | Telephone 435-673-7501
- In Cedar City – 427 S. Main, No. 305 | Telephone 435-704-4798
- In Richfield – 635 N. Main St. | Telephone 435-979-6416
- Washington County Board of Realtors | Website
- Tonaquint Data Center’s golf classic raises thousands for Britton Shipp Foundation
- Kite Festival promoting child literacy at SunRiver Golf Course
- 1 dead after vehicle plunges into pond at Oasis Golf Club