ST. GEORGE — A presentation by Dixie State University professor Dr. Travis Seegmiller will wrap up the final Business and Ethics Forum of the 2014-2015 academic year on Thursday at noon. The forum will take place in the DSU Udvar-Hazy Business Building in St. George.
A native of St. George, Seegmiller graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts from Yale University and completed his Juris Doctor with cum laude honors at Georgetown University. During his professional career as a lawyer in Washington, D.C., and as a Wall Street adviser, he provided legal and advisory services to a diverse array of domestic and international clients facing legal, business, financial and public policy strategy concerns in several business and governmental areas.
After getting married and starting a family, Seegmiller returned to St. George with his young family to live on the original Seegmiller family farm. He now teaches law and business at DSU while continuing to provide advisory services for local and global clients.
About the Business and Ethics Forum
The semimonthly forum, along with the campus’ Institute for Business Integrity, was created by former DSU president Dr. Robert Huddleston in 2006. His goal was to provide a way to integrate ethics into the curriculum and have the forum serve as a blueprint to ensure that students graduate with a set of ethical tools to help them get along in the professional world.
Huddleston said the business forums will give students – and current and prospective local business owners – an added dose of ethics training that is so sorely needed into today’s business world.
His hope, he said, is that by the time students leave Dixie State they have been exposed to enough ethical cases that, when they get out in the workforce, they will have the wherewithal and the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing, even when their job might be on the line.
- What: Dixie State University professor Dr. Travis Seegmiller presents at Business and Ethics forum
- When: Thursday, April 16 | Noon
- Where: Boeing Auditorium, room 121 of the Udvar-Hazy Business Building, 225 S. 700 East, St. George
- Contact: Dr. Huddleston by email or phone, 435-652-7740
- Deseret Power CFO speaks at business, ethics forum
- Squatty Potty founders address business, ethics forum
- Bank president speaks on Southern Utah banking; business, ethics forum
- Author to discuss humanitarian work at ethics forum