ST. GEORGE — Dixie State University’s “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World” series will continue on Tuesday at noon with a presentation by David Wolske on typography and design. The lecture will be in the Dunford Auditorium in the Browning Resource Center on the DSU campus. Admission is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
Wolske is the creative director of Red Butte Press and the Book Arts Program in addition to being an assistant librarian/lecturer at the J. Willard Marriott Library on the University of Utah campus. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in studio art from Marian University and a Master of Fine Arts in graphic design from Indiana University.
Prior to joining the University of Utah’s library faculty, Wolske taught typography, graphic design, and letterpress printing at Indiana University’s Herron School of Art and Design, the Center for Book and Paper Arts at Columbia College Chicago, and Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum. His work reveals an affinity for handset wood and metal type and incorporates digital tools, computer software and design thinking into a manual workflow that draws heavily on the traditions of letterpress and fine art printmaking.
About “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World” series
Dixie Forum is a lecture series designed to introduce the St. George community and DSU students, faculty and staff to diverse ideas and personalities while widening their worldviews via a 50-minute presentation.
The remainder of the spring Dixie Forum schedule is below. All forums will be at noon on Tuesdays in the Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center on the DSU campus.
- April 21 | Rico E. Del Sesto, Tracey O’Kelly, and the Sustainability Committee, presenting on Earth Day
Event details and resources
- What: “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World”
- When: Tuesday, April 14, at noon
- Where: Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center, Dixie State University campus, 225 S. 700 East, St. George
- Contact: DSU Forum coordinator John Burns | Telephone 435-879-4712 | Email [email protected]
- Dixie forum website
- Dixie State University to host regional theater festival
- Dixie State University to offer short-term intensive training courses
- Region 9 softball: Late-game rally lifts Desert Hills up and over Dixie Flyers
Email: [email protected]