ST. GEORGE — The Southern Utah Heritage Choir will present a spring concert, “A Celebration of Song,” on Friday at 7:30 p.m. in the Dixie State University Cox Auditorium in St. George.
The Heritage Choir is pleased to collaborate with Lisa Hopkins Seegmiller and her daughter, Ellie Felice Seegmiller, for this celebration of show tunes and Broadway favorites, according to a press release from the Heritage Choir. Many favorite songs will be highlighted, including selections from “Phantom of the Opera”; “Fiddler on the Roof”; “West Side Story”; a medley of Rodgers and Hammerstein songs; “Memory” from “Cats”; “Let It Go,” from “Frozen”; and selections from “Evita” and “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat”.
Lisa Hopkins Seegmiller, a Tony Award winner and Grammy nominee, is a nationally acclaimed crossover artist and vocal pedagogue, trained at Juilliard, Yale University, and the Manhattan School of Music. She occupies today’s hottest niche, where Hollywood meets opera meets Broadway, according to the press release.
Ellie Felice Seegmiller, age 6, was a winner of Dixie’s Got Talent in 2015. She has been competing as a singer since age 3 and has been the youngest finalist in Dixie’s Got Talent for the past two years. After a video of her winning performance of “Let it Go” went viral on Facebook, she was invited to compete in Las Vegas for a spot on “America’s Got Talent.” Ellie Felice Seegmiller studies vocal performance with her mother.
Tickets for this concert are $15 and are available at the Cox Auditorium ticket office 435-652-7800, or from any Heritage Choir member.
- What: Heritage Choir presents “A Celebration of Song”
- When: Friday, April 10 | 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Cox Auditorium, 225 S. 700 East, St. George
- Tickets: $15 | Available at the Cox Auditorium ticket office, 435-652-7800, or from any choir member
- Sears Dixie Invitational Art Show; Matt Clark wins viewers’ choice
- Injured mountain biker shows real grit, praises rescuers
- Dixie’s Got Talent showcases local performers; STGnews Videocast
Email: [email protected]