MOAB — A trail ride will be held on Moab’s Fallen Peace Officer Trail April 18, with each mile post of the 14-mile trail honoring a fallen or injured officer. The public is welcome to participate in the ride, attend the ceremony and offer support through sponsorship.
In 2013, the Utah Peace Officers Association dedicated the trail. Each year 14 officers are chosen to be honored by this ride. The 2015 run will recognize the following:
|Sgt. Cory Wride||Utah County Sheriff|
|Sgt. Derrick Johnson||Draper Police|
|Seymore Clark, chief deputy||Weber County Sheriff|
|William Keane||New York State Police|
|Doyle Thorne||Utah Highway Patrol|
|James E. Faraone||Salt Lake City Police|
|Richard D. Westwood||Grand County Sheriff|
|William Cooke||Salt Lake City Police|
|Marshall “Doc” N. White||Ogden Police|
|Gordon A. Stuart||Salt Lake County Sheriff|
|Willard R.Dahle||Logan City Police|
|Jeremiah K. Johnson||Emery County Sheriff|
|John C. Morrissey||Bingham Police|
|Jose Argueta||Midvale Police|
Trooper William Keane of New York is being honored in Utah as he suffered a fatal heart attack while officially representing the New York State Police in the North American Inspectors Championship in Salt Lake City in August 2013.
A ceremony will be held approximately 7 miles north of Moab at 9 a.m. the day of the event.
Motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and utility vehicles are all welcome to join in the trail ride. Full-sized vehicles may go after 3 p.m.
Ride times start at 10:30 a.m. with 30 vehicles per every 30-minute time slot until 2:30 p.m.
Beginning at 3 p.m. there will be 15 vehicle slots for Jeeps and similar vehicles every 30 minutes until 4:30 p.m.
Passengers ride free again this year; however, a count of passengers per vehicle is required.
- Motorcycle $20
- ATV $30
- UTV $40
- Jeep or similar vehicle $50
Sponsorships are invited. For more information click here: Sponsorship Information.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- What: Fallen Peace Officer Trail Ride
- When: April 18, ceremony 9 a.m., ride at 10:30 a.m. and following at 30-minute increments until 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Fallen Peace Officer Trail, Moab
- Registration fees: Motorcycles $20 | ATVs $30 | UTVs $40 | Jeep or similar vehicles $40 | Passengers ride free, but must be counted
- Fallen Peace Officer Trail Ride website
- Utah Peace Officer Association website
- Contact: email@example.com
- Sponsorship Information
- Governor orders flags lowered in honor of fallen UHP officer
- Southern Utah officers join boys in blue in New York, pay respects to officers Liu, Ramos
- Peace officers Johnson, Wride recognized before US Senate, national memorial