ST. GEORGE — The Southern Utah Heritage Choir will present its annual Easter concert, “O Divine Redeemer,” Friday at 7 p.m. in the St. George Tabernacle at 18 S. Main Street. All are welcome.
The Heritage Choir has a longstanding tradition of performing sacred music that celebrates the life of the Savior. For this Easter concert, the choir will perform favorites such as “I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked,” “Fairest Lord Jesus,” “Go to Dark Gethsemane,” “O Divine Redeemer” and “How Great Thou Art.”
Dr. Nancy Allred, director of the Heritage Choir, will share conducting responsibilities with Dr. Ken Peterson, who was recently named associate director of the choir. Brandon Lee and Karen Cantera will accompany the choir.
The Heritage Choir recently celebrated its 20th Anniversary during 2014 and has had a very busy season of concerts and firesides. In the coming weeks, the Choir will present a concert in the Cox Auditorium with award-winning soprano Lisa Hopkins Seegmiller on April 10, a performance for the Boy Scouts of America in the Burns Arena, a tour to San Diego in May, and the annual Flag Day Concert on June 14.
- What: Heritage Choir presents “O Divine Redeemer”
- When: Friday, April 3, at 7 p.m.
- Where: St. George Tabernacle, 18 S. Main Street, St. George
- Tickets: Free
- Sears Dixie Invitational Art Show; Matt Clark wins viewers’ choice
- Injured mountain biker shows real grit, praises rescuers
- Dixie’s Got Talent showcases local performers; STGnews Videocast