ST. GEORGE — A night of inspiration and dance by God’s Messengers Dance Company is set for Saturday and Monday, both at 7 p.m., at Dixie State University’s Eccles Theatre on the university campus, 225 S. University Avenue, St George.
Tickets can be purchased through the individual dancers or at the Dixie State University Box Office online or in person.
Each piece will be about a different event in Christ’s life. While no person is representing Christ himself, there will be through lighting and effects.
Wendi Smith, director and choreographer, has trained in jazz, ballet, modern, ballroom, and folk dance and has been dancing for over 20 years. She was the dance sterling scholar in high school and was on the Dixie State University Dance Company for two and a half years as a dance scholarship student. She then studied dance at Washington State University, also on a dance scholarship.
St. George News Reporter Hollie Reina contributed to this report.
- What: God’s Messengers Dance Company performance
- When: Saturday, March 28, 7 p.m., Monday, March 30, 7 p.m.
- Where: Eccles Theatre, Dixie State University, 225 S. University Avenue, St George
- Tickets: $10 in advance, $12 at the door, available for purchase online
- God’s Messengers Dance Company website
- To dance, or not to dance? Council considers changes to event permit process
- St. George Dance Company holds auditions, promotes dance
- LDS church ‘BASEcamp’ program for youth comes to Dixie State University