ST. GEORGE — Friday night at Jazzy’s, 285 N. Bluff St., St. George, is about to get artsy as the coffee shop, grill and live music venue plays host to a unique music and painting collaboration.
The Dune Lunes will be playing and recording a live concert while artist Gustave Alhadeff creates an original painting. In between sets there will be poetry readings.
“Gustave really is quite a story,” Ada Lune of The Dune Lunes said. “He might be one of the Van Goghs of his generation, he might die completely peniless even though he has sold thousands of paintings.”
In addition to music and art, guests are also invited to participate in a coat drive.
“Any clothes will be taken,” Lune said. “We said coats because coats can go a long ways and keep someone warm but any clothes will do.”
Clothes will be donated to the Catholic charity, Lune said.
The event will start at 8 p.m. and is $3 a person or $5 for a couple.
Dressing up is encouraged.
- What: Charity coat drive and live music with The Dune Lunes and special guest, artist Gustave Alhadeff
- Where: Jazzy’s, 285 N. Bluff St.
- When: Friday, March 6, 8 p.m.
- Cost: $3 a person or $5 a couple
- TGIF weekend event guide
- A-List: The best hot chocolate in St. George
- Soup N’ Bowl art fundraiser is delicious to your eyes, tastebuds, pocketbook
- Art in Kayenta provides weekend of artistry, entertainment, spirits
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.