HILDALE – More than 50 properties located in the twin communities of Hildale and Colorado City, Arizona, including unfinished homes, commercial buildings, raw acreage and vacant lots, will be auctioned off March 17 at the Statewide Auction Company auction house in Hurricane.
The properties are being dispersed through public auction on behalf of the United Effort Plan Trust, which is a trust originally created by the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints but later reformed by Utah’s 3rd District Court to administer housing solutions and benefits to trust participants.
Among the properties to be sold is the former Meadowayne Dairy facility in Colorado City, which was repossessed by the UEP in November 2014 after the former occupants elected to abandon the property rather than pay fees to the UEP and become current on back taxes, Isaac Wyler, a UEP employee and consultant, told St. George News in December.
“We only ask them to pay their taxes and an occupancy fee and sign an agreement with the trust, and they won’t do it,” Wyler said.
Other properties to be auctioned include a meatpacking plant, the Colorado City Fire Department station No. 3, a nursery/greenhouse property, many vacant commercial and residential lots, several unfinished homes and some raw acreage. Nearly 1,000 acres in all will be gaveled off.
A $5,000 deposit is required to participate in the bidding, according to information from Statewide Auction Company.
According to the Statewide Auction Company website:
Prior to the Auction Sale, prospective bidders are encouraged to inspect the Properties, review title reports, available plat maps, surveys, etc.
Details about each property up for bid, including photos, can be found on the Statewide Auction Company website, and property details can also be obtained by calling 801-521-5600.
The Statewide Auction Company auction house is located at 5099 Wheeler Way in Hurricane. The auction will begin at noon.
- What: United Effort Plan Trust public auction
- When: Tuesday, March 17 | Noon
- Where: Statewide Auction Company, 5099 Wheeler Way, Hurricane
- Details: Statewide Auction Company | Telephone: 801-521-5600.
- FLDS ‘concentration camp’ goes up in Colorado City; UEP must evict or lose land
- Making history in Hildale: Hundreds gather for landmark event at former Warren Jeffs compound; STGnews Videocast
- Polygamist community gains more than sandwiches with 1st major national chain
- Life after Jeffs: Hotel debuts in FLDS prophet’s former mansion
- City-sanctioned tent city, more evic2tions on horizon for FLDS members
- Judge calls for eviction of FLDS residents delinquent on fees
- Warren Jeffs’ Hildale compound bought by former bodyguard
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.