ST. GEORGE – Registration ends Feb. 25 for the third annual Road Rage Duathlon which will challenge runners and cyclists to toe the line on Feb. 28 as they double their pleasure and double their fun in this two-discipline race that sees competitors running, cycling and running again.
Billed as a winter race, the swim portion of a traditional triathlon has been removed to accommodate the cooler climate of February although race specialist Anilee Bundy said that it was also removed because there are people who just don’t like to swim.
Now in its third year, the race is growing in popularity, Bundy said, adding that registration numbers are already up from last year.
This year’s duathlon will feature a new course that will begin at Lava Ridge Intermediate School, 2425 Rachel Drive, Santa Clara, and two distance categories – Sprint; 1.5-mile run, 10-mile bike, 1.5-mile run and Olympic; 3-mile run, 20-mile bike, 3-mile run.
The bike course for the Road Rage Duathlon has been designed so that riders only make right turns, Bundy said, which will eliminate the need to cross intersections, thus it will cause minimal impact on the flow of traffic.
There will be no road closures for the event but there may be some lane closures on the course, Bundy said. You can see a course map here.
Participants will receive a race shirt and finisher medal as well as refreshments at the finish line. Awards will be given to the top three finishers, male and female, in both distances.
Early registration is $35 and will close on Friday. Late registration will be accepted until Feb. 25 at 1 p.m. for an additional $10. There will be no day of race registration.
- What: 3rd annual Road Rage Duathlon
- When: Saturday, Feb. 28, 9 a.m.
- Where: Lava Ridge Intermediate School, 2425 Rachel Drive, Santa Clara
- Registration: Before Feb. 20: $35, after Feb. 20: $45, no day of race registration
- Additional information: Website | Facebook
- Southern Utah biking, cycling events
- STGnews RUNdown: Every race in one place, Southern Utah upcoming events
- ‘Dash 4 Ash’ 5K raises support of former university student with heart condition
- Bicycles, cowbells, penguins; Move It! Kids ride; STGnews Photo Gallery
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.