ST. GEORGE – In Episode 27 of the “No Filter Show,” co-hosts Paul Ford and Grady Sinclair spend time visiting with family and friends of Kycie Terry, a 5-year-old St. George girl who is at Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City recovering from a traumatic brain injury sustained after complications arose related to type 1 diabetes.
Kycie’s story captured the hearts of her neighborhood, the nation and especially the type 1 diabetes community, and stories of similar experiences, well-wishes and messages of support have flooded the fundraising page set up to help the Terry family as well as the Instagram accounts of Kycie’s parents, Josh and Jamie Terry.
Watch the “No Filter” video, click play arrow in center of video at top of story
You share, we donate
- Share this Episode on Facebook and St. George News, Fusion Pharmacy, Dixie 4WD, Appliance Wholesalers Plus, Joseph Hansen Insurance and Desert Coach RV, together, will donate to the Terry family, $1 for every Facebook share, up to $1,700.
What has undoubtedly been one of the most difficult ordeals for this family has also become a model of what a neighborhood can do when they join together in love and support.
A fundraiser for Kycie Terry and her family has been planned for Saturday from 1- 9 p.m. at the Taylor Andrews Academy of Hair Design, 42 S. River Road in St. George.
From 1-5 p.m., Taylor Andrews Academy will be donating a portion of their regular sales to the Terry family. From 5-9 p.m., the main event, “Cuts for Kycie,” will take place.
“Cuts for Kycie” will feature licensed cosmetologists from all over the community offering discounted haircuts, and all the proceeds will benefit the Terry family.
The Corn Dog Truck, Waffle Bliss, Nacho Mama and The Sugar Cookie will be available at the event and will donate funds to the family, as well.
We invite you to watch Kycie’s story and see if she captures your heart. Then, head out to “Cuts for Kycie” Saturday and enjoy a night of music, food and prizes. It’s all for a good cause.
Story written by St. George News reporter Hollie Reina.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- What: “Cuts for Kycie”
- When: Saturday, Feb. 21, 1-9 p.m.
- Where: Taylor Andrews Academy, 42 S. River Road, St. George
- Cost: Free to attend; haircut and food vendor costs vary. This is a fundraiser, and participation as well as donations are appreciated
- Visit the fundraising page “Kisses for Kycie“
- For updates on Kycie, follow Kycie’s parents on Instagram at jjterry77 and jandjterry
- Neighbors rally for young girl unexpectedly hospitalized; ‘Kisses for Kycie’
- No Filter: Faith, hope and a key for Britton
- Youth soccer club finds hope, strength in heartache; STGnews Videocast
- No Filter: Little ‘Filter’ fans accomplish big things at Riverside Elementary
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.