SALT LAKE CITY — The Bureau of Land Management Utah posted Friday the list of parcels proposed for auction at the quarterly competitive oil and gas lease sale scheduled for May 19 in Salt Lake City. Posting initiates a 30-day public protest period.
The list includes 13 proposed parcels covering 15,051 acres under the Richfield and Cedar City Field offices. The Richfield Field Office contains nine parcels covering 11,930 acres; the Cedar City Field Office has four parcels covering 3,121 acres.
The list also includes one proposed parcel covering 214 acres in the Vernal Field Office that was offered and sold at the lease auction held on Nov. 18, 2014, but subsequently forfeited. All 14 parcels are identified as available to oil and gas leasing under the current resource management plans for the Richfield, Cedar City and Vernal Field offices.
All protests must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on March 16. Protests should be as specific as possible. Those which contain only opinions or preferences will not receive a formal response, but may be considered in the BLM decision-making process.
Before including an address, phone number, email address or other personal identifying information in any comments, be aware that the entire comment — including personal identifying information — may be made publicly available at any time. Requests to withhold personal identifying information from public review can be submitted, but the BLM cannot guarantee that it will be able to do so.
The competitive oral auction will take place at the BLM-Utah State Office located at 440 West 200 South, Suite 500, in Salt Lake City. The sale room opens at 7:45 a.m. to allow potential bidders to register and obtain a bidder number. The competitive oral auction will begin at 9 a.m.
- Protests may be sent:
- By mail: BLM-Utah State Office, 440 West 200 South, Suite 500, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
- By fax: Attention Justin Abernathy, 801-539-4237
- Hard copies of the sale notice may be obtained in person from the BLM-Utah State Office Public Room at the address listed above.
- Contact: Justin Abernathy | Telephone: 801-539-4067
- Oil and gas lease sales information
- BLM website
Submitted by the BLM-Utah
- BLM seeks comment on environmental assessments, May 2015 oil, gas lease sale
- BLM open house engages community discussion on proposed 100-mile trail system
- BLM holds competitive land sale, 191 acres in Washington County
Email: [email protected]