ZION NATIONAL PARK — One man was transported to the hospital Wednesday after crashing his moped in Zion National Park. He was later cited for DUI.
At 4:45 p.m., responders from the National Park Service, Springdale Police Department and Washington County Sheriff’s Office attended to a motor vehicle accident on Kolob Terrace Road, according to a press statement from Zion National Park.
The moped driver left the road and crashed his bike into some boulders, the statement said. No other vehicles were involved in the collision.
The moped driver was transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center by Hurricane Ambulance with minor injures, the release said. The driver was later issued a mandatory appearance citation for DUI.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by law enforcement or other emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings
- 15-year-old boy injured in auto-pedestrian accident
- 1 taken to hospital after school bus crash; STGnews Videocast
- Motor home, Camry collision shuts down I-15 southbound lanes
- Ivins man destroys sign, travels wrong way, arrested on DUI charges
- Man nabbed after rolling stolen vehicle on I-15, fleeing on foot
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.