ST. GEORGE — Presidents’ Day weekend is one of the busiest weekends of the year at Snow Canyon State Park, with most visitors arriving Saturday. Preparations are being made to implement traffic control at both park entrances to ensure visitor and resource safety.
Peak visitation times are between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. A temporary entrance freeze will be put in place when designated parking areas and pullouts are full. Visitors should be prepared for long entrance lines with the possibility of up to an hour wait.
Visitors are strongly encouraged to arrive at nonpeak times, specifically from 6-10:30 a.m. or 4-10 p.m. Visitors should also consider carpooling or visiting on alternative dates.
- More information 435-628-2255
- Utah State Parks website
- SAR team rescues 2 hikers from Snow Canyon State Park
- No Filter: Schussing cinder cones in Dixie
- Decades of debris: Volunteers clean up old city dump at Snow Canyon State Park
- Man freed after hours stuck in lava tube at Snow Canyon State Park