Super Bowl interrupted by structure fire in Santa Clara home; STGnews Videocast

SANTA CLARA — Super Bowl Sunday was interrupted for one Santa Clara family after a fire broke out in their home on El Vista Drive just after 7:30 p.m. when a cluster of electrical cords next to a TV became hot and started smoldering.


To watch videocast, click play arrow  play-arrow  in center of image at top of this story


Santa Clara Fire Chief Dan Nelson said all occupants of the home, approximately six people, had evacuated the residence when the Fire Department arrived. Nelson said the fire was put out in a matter of minutes after fire crews arrived on scene and entered the residence.

Santa Clara Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Super Bowl Sunday, Santa Clara, Utah, Feb. 1, 2015 | Photo By Holly Coombs, St. George News
Santa Clara Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Super Bowl Sunday, Santa Clara, Utah, Feb. 1, 2015 | Photo By Holly Coombs, St. George News

The Fire Department remained on scene for about an hour to make sure the fire didn’t spark back up and cause other issues.

Ivins Ambulance responded to the scene to check the occupants for smoke inhalation, Nelson said, but no injuries were reported.

Ivins-Santa Clara Public Safety Department, Ivins Ambulance and Santa Clara Fire Department responded to the scene.

This report is based on preliminary information provided by law enforcement or other emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings.

Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery. 

Related posts

Email: hcoombs@stgnews.com

Twitter: @STGnews

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Leave a Reply