ST. GEORGE – The Crossroads of the West gun show will be held at the Dixie Center St. George, 1835 S. Convention Center Drive in St. George, Saturday and Sunday, offering something for everyone from families to hunters to collectors, including education, gun sales, ammunition, permitting classes and applications, and a variety of vendors.
People may bring their own guns to the show – provided that no loaded firearms or magazines are permitted in the show, according to its website.
One of the main attractions to the show is ammunition that can be hard to come by in other places.
The Veterans of Foreign Wars will be in attendance and the show always “shows a lot of gratitude for our veterans,” event organizer Jeff Templeton said.
Most gun show contributors are retired or make a business of showing their guns, Templeton said. The gun show is a great time to learn about the history of guns, he said.
People will also be able to fill out necessary paperwork and take the test to obtain concealed carry permits.
St. George has been a venue for the Crossroads show since 1985.
St. George News Reporter Holly Coombs contributed to this report
- What: Crossroads of the West gun show | Web page for St. George show
- When: Saturday, Jan. 24, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday, Jan. 25, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Where: Dixie Center St. George, 1835 S. Convention Center Drive, St. George, UT
- Cost: $8; children under 12 are free with parent or guardian
- Record attendance at local gun show, ammunition a big seller
- TGIF weekend event guide
- 45-plus balloons come to fill Mesquite skies; Hot Air Balloon Festival
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.