WASHINGTON COUNTY – Public notice is hereby given that the Board of Commissioners of Washington County, in St. George will hold a regular public meeting in the Washington County Commission Chambers, in the Washington County Administration Building, 197 E. Tabernacle St., St. George, commencing at 4 p.m. on Jan. 20, 2015.
Items for discussion must be placed on this agenda by 2 p.m. Wednesday preceding the meeting date.
The consent agenda is a means of expediting routine matters that come before the Commission for approval. The consent portion of the agenda is approved by one nondebatable motion. If any commissioner wishes to remove an item from the consent portion of the agenda, that item becomes the first order of business on the regular agenda.
- Consideration of auditor-approved claims for payment for Jan. 7, 2015, through Jan. 20, 2015
- Consideration of regular commission meeting minutes of Dec. 2, 2014 1
- Consideration of administrative adjustments: real property – 9
- Consideration of administrative adjustments: personal property – 15
- Consideration of applications for property tax abatement (5) – 16
- Consideration of ratification of 2014 veterans personal property exemptions – 35
Regular agenda items for consideration:
- Consideration of purchase requests – Mark Blanch
- Convention and Tourism Office (5), Red Rock Golf Trail (1), Dixie Center (3), Sheriff’s Office (2) 45
- Discussion on new Utah Permanent Community Impact Fund board policies – Gary Zabriskie – 56
- Discussion of Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy – Bryan Thiriot – 56
- Consideration of Resolution No. R-2015-1878, a Resolution to Adopt and Approve the Washington County – NRCS Shem Dam Rehabilitation – 2012 EWP Agreement to Relieve Hazards and Damages Created by the Flood in Washington County, Utah – 57
- Consideration of Resolution No. R-2015-1879, a Resolution Requesting that the United States Forest Service Immediately Cease any Action to Limit Grazing on the Dixie National Forest and Demanding the United States Forest Service Coordinate with Washington County in Any Projects that Affect Grazing in Washington County – 89
- Consideration of Resolution No. R-2015-1880, a Resolution Approving the 2015 Cooperative Agreement Between Washington County and the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources 124
- Commissioners’ report
- Public works or road business
- County development and planning business – Scott Messel
Review of items from the Jan. 13 Planning Commission:
- Conditional Use. Request for extension of the conditional use for an existing gravel pit located east of Hwy 91 in Section 2, Township 43 South, Range 18 West, SLB&M on State Trust Lands. Zoned OSC-20 (Open Space Conservation 20 acre minimum lot size). The applicant is Kay Jean Mathews-Hale/Red Rock Warriors Rock, Inc.
- Preliminary plat. Review of request to subdivide Parcel CB-8-NW; which is Lot 8 of Chadburn Subdivision into 2 approximately 1 acre lots. The subdivision is located at approximately 43 North Main Street (SR-18) in Veyo. The public hearing was held on Oct. 14, 2014, in the regularly scheduled Planning Commission meeting. Zoned C-3 (General Commercial). The applicant is Christine Stubbs.
- Final plat. Review of final plat for Chadburn Subdivision Amended Plat (Affects Lot 8 Only). The subdivision is located at approximately 43 North Main Street (SR-18) in Veyo. Zoned C-3 (General Commercial). The applicant is Christine Stubbs.
- Final plat. Review of final plat for Grassy Meadows Sky Ranch Phase 6A, which consists of 3 lots on approximately 6.3 acres. Located north of 4620 South and east of 1200 West near Hurricane. Zoned RA-1 (Residential Agricultural 1 acre minimum lot size). The applicant is Fernwood Sky Ranch Phase 6, LLC./Ried Pope.
Notice by: Nicholle Felshaw, deputy; Washington County Clerk
Washington County will make efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to disabled members of the public in accessing County programs. Please contact the Washington County Commission Office at 435-634-5700, in advance, if you have special needs.
To be provided to The Spectrum on Friday, Jan. 16, 2015
Notice of Special Accommodations:
Washington County will make efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to disabled members of the public in accessing county programs. Please contact the Washington County Commission Office at 435.634.5700 in advance if you have special needs.
Notice of Electronic or telephone participation:
197 E. Tabernacle St., St. George
Christine Hall, email@example.com, 4356345700