OPINION – They say life is what you make it.
So why not make it extraordinary?
As I was writing my resolutions for 2015, I realized I didn’t want this year to be about new routines – I wanted it to be about new experiences.
Most “bucket lists” are full of grand adventures that involve passports, plane tickets, and foreign currency.
But I’m a twenty-something newlywed who just used up the last Target gift card from my wedding, and now I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to afford any essential that’s not sold in the dollar section.
So instead of Paris, this 2015 bucket list contains ten once-in-a-lifetime adventures right within the red rocks of Southern Utah:
1. Watch the sunset in the Grand Canyon
2. Ride a helicopter over Zion
3. Attend a star party at Cedar Breaks National Monument
4. Experience the Full Moon Hike in Bryce Canyon
5. Kayak in Lake Powell
6. Explore Calf Creek Falls in Escalante
7. Get scuba certified
8. Go white water rafting in Canyonlands
9. Visit the Four Corners Monument
10. Skydive in Moab
I hope to share the details of my adventures with you over the next year, and I would love for you to do the same. This list can keep on growing, so let me know your additions in the comments below.
After all, the possibilities of this new year are endless.
You just have to be willing to get a little red dirt in your shoes.
- New Year’s resolutions from people downtown; STGnews Videocast
- New Year’s Eve brings snow after all to Utah’s Dixie; STGnews photo galleryA-List: Top 10 soda pop stops in St. George
- A-List: Blue Linen Boutique
- A-List: Xetava Gardens Cafe
- A-List: The Sugar Cookie store
Ali Hill is an opinion columnist. The opinions stated in this article are her own, are not influenced through any advertising agreements with St. George News, and are not representative of St. George News.
Do you know of a business that deserves to be on the “A-List?” E-mail your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.