ST. GEORGE — With winter storms on the horizon and night-time temperatures dropping below freezing, your palm trees may be starting to look a little stressed. Because palm trees are warm-climate trees, they require some extra help to endure the winter elements.
City of St. George Certified Arborist Tim Hopkinson discusses some popular misconceptions and offers guidance on the best way to winter-proof your palm trees.
- Utah State University Washington County Extension Office, 435-634-5706
- Arbor Tech Professional Tree Service, 435-656-1099
- Don’t let your trees freeze; arborist offers advice
- NWS issues Winter Storm Watch for Washington, Iron counties
- Will Dixie’s palm trees survive the freeze?
- Palm tree falls on man alongside River Road
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.