ST. GEORGE — While the holiday season is an exciting time for most, it can be a time of struggle for others. Community members gathered on Tuesday to share a meal at the local soup kitchen at the Grace Episcopal Church in St. George in an attempt to tackle their holiday blues.
Volunteers, friends, and neighbors are reaching out this holiday to those who could use a little extra Christmas cheer.
(story continues below)
Videocast by Melissa Anderson, KCSG and St. George News
Everyone welcome to Christmas dinner
A community Christmas dinner is being held at the Dixie Convention Center, located at 1835 S. Convention Center Drive, St. George, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Christmas Day. Seniors are welcomed to come at 12:30 p.m. There will be free music, food, and presents for the children.
The “Community Christmas Dinner” is hosted by Dixie Care & Share, and hopes to raise spirits by providing a place to socialize, enjoy a Christmas dinner, and celebrate the holiday. It is open to everyone.
- Veterans Aware: Vets’ thoughts on the holidays
- Lowest gas price in town leads to traffic jam at the pumps; STGnews Videocast
- Fire Chief gives reminders for holiday fire safety, tips for tree disposal
- Protect your pets from holiday hazards
- 5 steps for a harmonious holiday
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.