SALT LAKE CITY — The Bureau of Land Management Utah Color Country District is seeking public comment on environmental assessments analyzing the BLM’s proposal to offer 14 parcels covering 15,062 acres in the Richfield and Cedar City Field Offices at the May 2015 oil and gas lease sale.
The EAs analyzed 23 parcels covering 25,874 acres. Maps linked to the BLM notice are included in gallery to this report.
Additional information about the proposed parcels is included in the EAs, which are now available for public review and comment. Electronic copies of the EAs can be found online and linked at the bottom of this report.
Hard copies of the EAs can be obtained in person at the BLM-Utah State Office, 440 West 200 South, Suite 500, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84101 or the Richfield Field Office, 150 East 900 North, Richfield, Utah, 84701.
The public review and comment period closes on Jan. 23, at 4:30 p.m. Please note that the most useful comments are those that identify issues relevant to the proposed action or contain new technical or scientific information. Comments that contain only opinions or preferences will not receive a formal response, but may be considered in the BLM decision-making process. Please reference the “May 2015 Oil and Gas Lease Sale” when submitting comments and indicate whether your comment pertains to the Richfield, Cedar City or both EAs prepared for the May 2015 lease sale.
Before including an address, phone number, email address, or other personal identifying information in any comments, be aware that the entire comment—including personal identifying information—may be made publicly available at any time. Requests to withhold personal identifying information from public review can be submitted, but the BLM cannot guarantee that it will be able to do so.
Resource links to Environmental Assessments, websites and contact information follows below.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- Richfield Field Office EA
- Cedar City Field Office EA
- Richfield Field Office EA comment | Email | Fax 435-896-1550 | Mail or in person to 150 East 900 North, Richfield, Utah 84701
- Cedar City Field Office EA comment | Email | Fax 435-896-1550 | Mail or in person to 150 East 900 North, Richfield, Utah 84701
- For more information contact Justin Abernathy | telephone 801-539-4067.
- Oil and gas lease sales information
- BLM website
- BLM hosts open house for improvements at Parowan Gap
- BLM holds competitive land sale, 191 acres in Washington County
- BLM seeks public comment on amended San Juan River business plan
Email: [email protected]