ST. GEORGE – With the opening of the new Red Hills Parkway Interchange later this week, the City of St. George and Utah Department of Transportation invite the public to a demonstration on how to properly use the new pedestrian/cyclist trails and culverts; the event will be held Wednesday at 2:30 p.m.
Bring your bike or running shoes to the LDS Church on 1250 North and Bluff Street in St. George. Park your vehicle in the church parking lot, where staging will occur, and take a group tour of the new interchange and trails.
Bluff Street at Red Hills Parkway project
The new grade-separated overpass will permit traffic on Bluff Street to pass over Red Hills Parkway, uninterrupted. The new configuration will feature center exits onto Red Hills Parkway/Snow Canyon Parkway and on-ramps that merge onto Bluff Street.
This new design will provide more efficient traffic movement by adding capacity, reducing congestion and improving turn movements, according to the UDOT website.
The project, funded by UDOT and the City of St. George, is nearing completion and the new overpasses are expected to open by the weekend. When appropriate, traffic control will be removed and travelers can use the new interchange. Crews will continue to work on landscaping and other areas that won’t inhibit traffic flow.
- What: Christen the Connection at Red Hills – Red Hills Parkway Interchange Trail Demonstration
- When: Wednesday, Dec. 3, at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: The LDS Church on 1250 North and Bluff Street in St. George
- Construction underway on north Bluff ‘fly-over’
- Bluff Street project meeting draws out opposition
- Current, future road projects reviewed, transportation expo
- UDOT, Washington County cities exhibit plans for road, trail, bussing projects; Dixie Regional Transportation Expo 2013
- St. George Boulevard-I-15-Exit 8 diverging diamond interchange now open
- Southern Parkway connections slated for December completion, overall route yet to finish
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.