ST. GEORGE – The community will have the opportunity to learn about fine art painting from a world-renowned artist when Del Parson, Dixie State University professor, presents at DSU’s “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World” series on Tuesday at noon in the Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center. Admission is free, and all are invited.
Parson earned a Master of Fine Arts degree from BYU and has been teaching portrait painting and drawing at Dixie State University since 1988. He is an internationally known religious and portrait painter and has earned numerous awards in regional, national and international art shows. He is widely published in fine art prints and other publications. His painting “Jesus the Christ” can be found throughout the world.
The Dixie Forum series will continue with its final presentation for the 2014 fall semester when Lin Alder presents on energy efficiency at noon on Dec. 9 in the Dunford Auditorium.
Dixie Forum is designed to introduce the St. George community and DSU students, faculty and staff to diverse ideas and personalities while widening their worldviews via a 50-minute presentation. Dixie State students can earn one college credit by signing up for HUM 1000, attending lectures regularly, carefully considering the ideas expressed and writing about the presentations.
|Dec. 2||Del Parson, DSU art professor||Fine Art Painting|
|Dec. 9||Lin Alder||Energy Efficiency|
Event details and resources
- What: “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World”
- When: Tuesday, Dec. 2, at noon
- Where: Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center, Dixie State University campus, 225 South 700 East, St. George
- Contact: DSU Forum coordinator John Burns at 435-879-4712 or [email protected]
- Dixie forum website
- Dixie Forum to explore the future of science
- Learn about media innovation at the next Dixie Forum
- Painter to present at Dixie Forum
- Utah universities awarded $1 million for nuclear energy education and innovation
Email: [email protected]