ST. GEORGE—In keeping with Day of Caring 2014, United Way Dixie and SwitchPoint Community Resource Center will hold a holiday community food packaging event on Monday from 4-7 p.m. at Dixie State University’s Gardner Center, 225 South 700 East in St. George.
Join over 450 volunteers coming together to package 50,000 meals for local food pantries to help fight hunger in the Washington County area. Local businesses and volunteer groups are invited to join this meaningful event as a food packaging team. Sign your 10-person team up today and help make a difference right here in our community.
Several prizes and awards will be presented to the top teams. For team spots, fill out the team registration form and sign your team up today.
Volunteers are asked to bring donations of nonperishable food items.
Don’t forget to let the kids see Santa! Be part of the change as community comes together to live united.
Event details and resources
- What: Holiday community food packaging event
- When: Monday, Dec. 1, from 4-7 p.m.
- Where: Gardner Center, Dixie State University, 225 South 700 East, St. George
- Team registration form
- United Way Dixie Facebook | Website
- Contact: Telephone 435-313-9550 | email
- Santa for Seniors: volunteers create Christmas cheer for hundreds of seniors
- It’s a Wonderful Christmas gift show; Brigham’s Playhouse giveaways
- Where, how to get Christmas tree cutting permits for Utah’s national forests