ST. GEORGE — As Dixie State University begins development of a new strategic plan, it invites public input at a town hall meeting to to that end on Thursday from 6-8 p.m. in the Zion Room 537 of its Holland Centennial Commons, the first of four town hall meetings to that end.
DSU President Dr. Richard B. Williams announced the creation of a new strategic plan during his inauguration address on Oct. 23. The plan will serve as the future foundation of the university, he said, and invited all university stakeholders to help create a “plan that will put Dixie State University on the map.”
DSU is partnering with Penson Associates Inc., a research and consultation firm with experience in higher education strategic planning, to assist the institution throughout this process. DSU officials have identified eight steps for the process, which began last week as DSU Board of Trustees members met with a Penson representative, and includes input from all institutional stakeholders, research and plan development. The steps are:
- Host town hall meetings
- Conduct research
- Reaffirm/refine core values, vision, ,ission and formulate strategic position, goals
- Develop the desired outcomes
- Formulate strategies
- Develop the implementation plan
- Review/complete the strategic plan
“This is a very exciting time for our university,” Williams said. “This will be one of the most important strategic plans in our history. This will be the plan that will shape this institution moving forward as the newest university in Utah.”
The planning process will be very collaborative and transparent, Williams said.
Additional public meetings are slated to take place in February, March and April 2015. The process is anticipated to be completed and ready for implementation by July 1, 2015.
In the days leading up to the Dec. 4 special town hall event, Dixie State will launch a new strategic planning page hosted on the university’s website. All institution stakeholders who are not able to attend the meeting may be participate in the process and provide comment and ideas online.
- What: DSU town hall meeting for development of strategic plan
- When: Dec. 4, 6-8 p.m.
- Where: Holland Centennial Commons, Zion Room 537, Dixie State University
- No Filter: Free wheeling with the mayor in Dixie; Flyers, dancing, art, theater
- Williams: We want this to be a university town; Dixie State inauguration ceremony
- University’s presidential inauguration, a hallmark in Dixie State’s history; public event
- Dixie University celebrates 1 year smoke-free campus with smokeout