OPINION LETTER TO THE EDITOR – Last Thursday I called President Obama a rapist; because I believe alone, he “fathered” 5 million new dependents here in America; and all anyone could do was lay there and take it. Today, these people became legalized slaves, not citizens.
After Thursday’s announcement by Obama, I am also calling him the world’s biggest slave trader. He contends he is doing this Executive Order to “keep families together,” to give them a fresh start, and to work towards something better. Even more incredulous, this action is to benefit America’s culture and productivity. Isn’t that what slave traders told themselves over 200 years ago?
Obama provided a list of “conditions” for all of these illegals to meet, in order to not be deported. First, who really believes illegal aliens are going to come out of the woodwork and turn themselves in? Second, if they do, who actually believes our current “government/workers” will do an adequate job processing them effectively? If that were possible, our old immigration system should have worked!!!
To be fair, I should offer an opposing better idea: 8 Steps – Without building a fence
- Enforce the current Constitutional laws already on the books
- Fine individuals/corporations who hire illegals
- Make it known illegals will be deported, fined, and possibly incarcerated immediately if caught (don’t go looking for them, just make it known it will happen if caught)
- Really offer substantial real assistance to Mexico, and other immigration countries, to build industry, infrastructure, and stability – (this is the key component – advertise its success here in America)
- Let these people have a chance in their own country/culture to survive and thrive, as they would in America
- Openly let them return without incident or incrimination to join their entire family; grandparents, cousins, nieces, nephews, and friends
- Speed up the process of legal immigration applications – re-establish an effective legal system which worked for 200 years (no harder than establishing this “new” come-forward and be processed system!)
- After the above, Mr. President, develop a real plan to address those who did not choose to return to their own home country and be with all their family … those remaining will be the productive and successful families who have become solid American citizens … or the fragmented families totally dependent upon our welfare system.
In summation, Obama’s plan was bass-ackwards, and only encourages the current invasion. Instead, help these people where they were born and grew up; which would be the true humanitarian and compassionate course of action.
We don’t need five million, 10 million, or 20 million of the poorest, most uneducated, and largely desperate people coming here working for slave wages, paid under the table, and not contributing to America’s society (except as slave labor). It’s not compassionate to them, and not productive to America. It is, however, skyrocketing costs in education, health care, and entitlement programs … and it is NOT raising these individuals out of poverty.
I contend Obama is now the worst president in American history. He is raping our culture, and has brought back legalized slavery to our country. I’m sure wealthy corporations were secretly shouting for joy last night, after Obama’s immigration announcement … legalized slavery authorized by government!
Submitted by David E Whipple, St. George
Letters to the Editor are not the product of St. George News, its editors, staff or contributors. The matters stated and opinions given are the responsibility of the person submitting them and are not representative of St. George News.
- On the EDge: Time for conservatives to get a grip over immigration
- Utah elected officials respond to Obama’s executive action on immigration
- Congress urges Obama not to take executive action on Immigration Reform; Utah leaders hold roundtable
- Opinion: Stop illegal immigration
- Perspectives: Immigration woes are complicated by politics
- 27 GOP leaders call for immigration reform
- Illegal immigrant arrested for identity theft
- Immigration reform bill passes Senate; Lee nay, Hatch yea
- Honor student scholarship rescinded for noncitizen status; friends rally with fundraiser
- Letter to the Editor: Walt Disney would never have made ‘Saving Mr. Banks’
- Hatch, Rubio unveil amendments to strengthen immigration bill – 2013
- Lee, other senators pen letter voicing concerns with immigration reform bill – 2013
- Utah mayors ask Utah senators to push immigration reform, Lee responds – 2013
- Hatch supports border security efforts, amendments to immigration bill – 2013
- Mike Lee introduces comprehensive immigration reform bills – 2013
- St. George man and his ‘World’s Oldest Hamburger’ appear on CBS syndicate ‘The Doctors’
- Perspectives: Is illegal immigration really destroying America? – 2012
- Supreme Court’s AZ immigration law ruling may provide defense for Utah’s law – 2012
- Immigration consultants required to register with the state – 2012
- Senators Lee, Schumer hope to boost demand for homes with new immigration reform bill – 2012
- Representative Brad Last Discusses Immigration, HB477 – 2012
- Hatch: Time to enforce illegal immigration laws – 2010
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.