ST. GEORGE – An event in honor of November National Adoption Month, the fourth annual “Celebrating Families Through Adoption,” will be held Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. at Town Square Park. Adoption blesses the lives of so many people, children, and families. Has adoption touched your life in any way? Do you have a friend or family member who has been a part of an adoption or foster care? It’s time to celebrate.
This event is free and will feature live music by the Reid Family Band, prize drawings, bounce houses, carnival games, family photos, food, drinks and information on local community resources in our area. No goods or services can be sold at the event. The goal is to create a support network within the community and to help create strong connections within the adoption community.
The event is sponsored by West Sands Adoptions, Premier Adoption, Utah Foster Care Foundation, LDS Family Services and United For Adoption in St. George. It will be an opportunity for families, birth parents and adoptees in Southern Utah to connect and create a strong support system within our community.
There are many faces to adoption. Adoptions can be open or closed, through private agencies, state foster care or even from other countries. Adoption creates a different kind of family, and adding to your family through adoption or foster care can be the most rewarding gift you could ever give your family. Many experiences on this big floating world are richly blessed through relationships. Relationships are core to our well-being and development.
Come be a part of a fun-filled afternoon with bounce houses, fire truck, carnival games, face painting, balloons, photo booth, food, refreshments and more!
Event details and resources
- What: Celebrating Families Through Adoption
- When: Nov. 8 from noon – 3 p.m.
- Where: Town Square Park, 50 South Main, St. George
- LIKE US on our Face book page https://www.facebook.com/celebrating.families.3
- For more information on this event, adoption or foster care please contact Tasia at Premier Adoption 435-625-0241. See you at the celebration!
- Tracie Tice Outreach Coordinator | Premier Adoption Agency phone: 435-625-0242 fax: 702.346.0330 | www.premieradoption.org
- The Adoption Exchange’s Heart Gallery shares the art of loving children
- Community celebrates adoption; STGnews Videocast and Photo Gallery – 2013