PHOENIX – The Internal Revenue Service will present a free webinar with tax information for H-2A visa agricultural workers and employers on Thursday at 11:30 a.m. MST.
Registration is available online. Agricultural employers, business organizations, tax professionals and anyone interested in understanding the federal tax treatment of H-2A visa agricultural workers should register.
The H-2A temporary agricultural program allows for agricultural employers to bring non-immigrant foreign workers to the U.S. to perform temporary or seasonal agricultural labor. Employers generally participate in the program in anticipation of a shortage of domestic workers.
During the webinar, registered participants will have an opportunity to better understand the federal tax withholding requirements for H-2A visa workers and learn how employers can avoid liability for backup withholding on wages paid to laborers.
The webinar is approved for one Continuing Education credit through the IRS approved CE providers program; other tax professionals may qualify depending on the requirements of their state organizations.
The session will offer closed captioning which displays the words that describe the audio portion of the program for viewers who are deaf or hard of hearing. Captions are available in English only.
Event details and resources
- What: Webinar with tax information for H-2A Visa Agricultural Workers and Employers
- When: Nov. 6, at 11:30 a.m. MST
- Registration is available online
- IRS website
- Before registering, participants should make sure their spam filters are set to accept email from the IRS webinar provider – confirmation and reminder emails will appear with the name “SL Northwest” and will be from the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information, contact SL.Northwest@irs.gov.
- Letter to the Editor: ‘First Freedom’ an answer to my prayers; texting, nondiscrimination, RAP tax
- Drought-stricken farmers granted more time to replace livestock
- Phony IRS phone calls continue to harass Utahns