SALT LAKE CITY —The Bureau of Land Management in Utah is seeking public nominations for three open positions in Category Three on its Utah Resource Advisory Council.
The open Resource Advisory Council, also known as RAC, positions in Category Three consist of: representatives of state, county, or local elected office; representatives and employees of a state agency responsible for the management of natural resources; representatives of Indian Tribes with or adjacent to the area for which the RAC is organized; representatives and employees of academic institutions who are involved in the natural sciences; and the public-at-large.
Individuals may nominate themselves or others to serve on an advisory council. The nominees must be residents of the state or states where the RAC has jurisdiction, and hold training, education, and knowledge of the council’s geographical area. Nominees should also demonstrate a commitment to consensus building and collaborative decision-making.
Nomination application elements
- A completed RAC application;
- Letters of reference/recommendation from any represented interests or organizations;
- Resume (optional); and
- Any other information that speaks to the nominee’s qualifications.
If you have already submitted your RAC nomination materials for 2014, you will not need to resubmit.
The BLM consults with the Governor’s Office before forwarding its recommendations to the Secretary of the Interior for a final decision.
Fillable application forms are available here.
Nominations should be emailed or postmarked by Nov. 26Sherry Foot, Special Programs Coordinator Bureau of Land Management Utah State Office 440 West 200 South, Suite 500 Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
For more information
- Contact Sherry Foot | Telephone 801-539-4195 | Fax 801-539-4013 | Email [email protected]
- Persons who use a telecommunications device for the deaf may call the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339 to leave a message or question with the above individual. The FIRS is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Replies are provided during normal business hours.
Submitted by the Bureau of Land Management
- BLM accepting nominations for Resource Advisory Council
- City Council tables ambulance ordinance
- State agency seeks representative for OHV advisory council
Email: [email protected]